So you may have noticed that you didn’t hear from me last week…Well, that’s because things are kinda crazy in Hong Kong (and a lot of other places around the globe) at the moment and I decided to escape the madness, book a last minute flight to Bali and do a 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training.
You might now be thinking “But Paige, I thought you were already a Yoga teacher” and the answer is – I am, I completed my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training years ago in India and what better time than now, to do my advanced studies and gain my 500 hour Yoga Teaching Certification in a secluded, tropical hide-away on the North coast of Bali.
Mind you, don’t be fooled by the sounds of yoga in a secluded tropical paradise, this is no holiday for me. This is one month of full immersion in intense Yoga practice and study and due to the intense nature of the course, you won’t hear from me until its finished – in over a month from now.
I’ll be delving wholeheartedly into the deep study of Yoga and giving it my undivided attention so that I can come out of this the best teacher (and human) I can be for all of you. Plus, the last week of training will be dedicated to Silence (Mauna), which means no; talking, Internet, phone, eye contact, notes for communication, gesticulations to anyone and keeping ‘ones energy within oneself.’ – So I definitely can’t write to you then!
So with Yoga in mind, and the way of life that Yoga is – it’s not just Asana (posture) remember- I’m going to leave you with some benefits of Yoga and maybe while I’m gone, you might start bringing in elements of Yoga to elevate your own life.
A little of the MANY benefits of yoga…
- Improves flexibility, muscle strength, balance, joint and bone health which prevents injury and pain
- Makes us more rational, understanding and compassionate towards others
- Connects us to God, The Source, a higher power – whatever you want to call it- something bigger than us.
- Doing yoga Asana boosts immunity by draining the lymphs.
- Increases blood flow around the body which decreases disease – for example, a headstand flows blood to the heart and lungs to be oxygenated which increases red blood cells..
- Boosts mood and decreases depression.
- Improves focus and memory and teaches us to be present.
- Improves sleep quality, which is so important for overall health.
- By practicing Karma yoga (service to others) it gives more meaning and purpose to life.
- Yoga makes the world a better place.
The list could go on and on with this incredibly vast and deep subject, so I’ll leave you at that for the time being.
In the meantime, if you would like to practice some quick Yoga sessions with me online – like the Sun Salutation series – then visit my YouTube channel Elev8Life with Paige or click the link below and it will take you straight to a 7 minute Sun Salutation A 🙂
Have a beautiful month filled with love, health and happiness.