Did you apply anything from last week’s newsletter and try waking up earlier for a morning routine that will set you up for success?
If not, not to worry! I have some more inspo coming at you from The 5am Club – Own your Morning, Elevate Your Life, by Robin Sharma, just in case you were lacking inspiration and ideas for setting up your morning ritual.
Let’s go through more of the points that stuck out to me…
Stop with the unnecessary external energy first thing! Sorry to say it but this means no phones or computers for at least the first hour of the morning. By scrolling through social media, reading the news or answering other people’s texts or emails, you’re raising cortisol levels instead of focusing on your own growth when your mind is the clearest and purist. You’re at peak creativity in the morning so why rob yourself of the opportunity to maximise by answering other people’s agenda or taking up precious brain power by mindless consumption? Mornings should be spent focusing on your own growth and creativity so give yourself the peace of mind and don’t touch your phone for the first hour to increase productivity.
Day-stacking: This means the smaller tasks completed daily are far more important than large tasks executed occasionally. Consider improving one ability or skill by only one percent every day; it’s a little change, but over the course of a year it amounts to a 365 percent improvement! The greatest understand the power behind day-stacking.
The four Interior Empires- Mindset, Healthset, Heartset, Soulset: Your Mindset is merely one of four “interior empires.” If you’re only working on growing your Mindset, you’re ignoring your Healthset, Heartset, and Soulset. That’s like only polishing 25 percent of a picture!
- >Healthset. Give your Healthset (your physical health) attention. One of the essential steps to getting ahead in life is longevity. You can’t be a titan of an industry if you’re dead. Committing to optimal fitness provides you with a couple of extra very healthy and productive decades to build a greater legacy. Elite performers recognise that every day gets significantly better with exercise. It ignites your energy, diffuses stress and increases joy.
- Heartset signifies your emotional life and well-being. It’s important because, even with a world-class Mindset, you can’t intellectually deliver while your emotional life is a mess. As Sigmund Freud remarked, “unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and they will come forth later in uglier ways.” Focus on a healthy Heartset and you’ll quickly feel a difference.
- Soulset means your spirituality. Everyday life draws us toward the superficial and material. Take some time in the quiet moments of the early morning to remember who you really are. Connect with the hero inside of you. In the silence of the dawn, meditate on what you have to offer the world. Focus on your Soulset, and you’ll reconnect with the best part of yourself.
A person has to invest at least 2.75 hours of daily practice towards a skill for ten years in order for the first signs of elite-level mastery to surface. If you want to master yourself, you should spend your first hour every morning intensely working on you, your mindset and approach to health, spirituality, and love.
There’s just way too much to share with you so we’ll continue on with this invaluable book and it’s teaching in the coming weeks! For now I’ll leave you with some more quotes 🙂
- If you do not rise early, you can make progress in nothing.
- The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
- Most people take the limit of their vision to be the limits of the world.
- Stop managing your time and start managing your focus.
- IF you plan to be anything less than who you are capable if being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.
- The great ones spend a lot of time alone.
- Dreams do not come true while you are sleeping.
- The masters and heroes of all time lived hard lives.
- When you most feel like quitting is the time you must continue advancing.
- Dream big, Start small, Begin now.