This week I’ve created a little cheat sheet for you with 5 healthy habits and questions you can ask yourself that will help with calorie control, nutrient timing and food selection. So lets get straight to it!
Ask yourself the following…
- Are you eating slowly? Check in with hunger, sit down, relax and take your time; 15-20 minutes for a meal should do it. Make sure to stop eating when you’re about 80% full.
- Where is the protein dense food? Are you about to eat at least 1 palm-sized portion of protein dense food? Women get 1 palm-sized portion and men get 2
- Where are the veggies? Are you about to eat a large portion of veggies? They can be prepared any way you like. 1 serving is about 1 fist-sized portion and you should try to eat a few portions per meal.
- Where are the carbs? If you have fat to lose but haven’t just worked out, eat less pasta, bread,rice and other starchy carbs. Opt for a double serving of veggies instead. If you have just worked out though, a mix of carb sources is fine
- Where are the fats coming from? Everyday you need some fats from various foods, prioritising whole food sources like nuts, seeds, olives, avocados, eggs and meats (if you’re not veggie of course). And spread these throughout the day.
Do you already do some of these or will asking yourself these have to become habitual?!
Let me know if you are already doing some of these! I would love to know where you’re at 🙂