Last week we learnt all about the 7 main Chakras – if you haven’t read it go back and do it as this will make a lot more sense! – So assuming you have, let’s cut straight to it and go over some of my favourite ways to balance and (my brother is going to get such kicks out of this as it’s one of his most loved lines when it comes to having a dig at us spiritual junkies, but I’ll say it anyway Calan) “align my chakras”.
It’s important to do this and have our chi (or life energy) flow through us naturally. Energy blocks and imbalances in our energetic pathways can cause emotional worries, relationship issues, physical illness and compromise our overall health in so many ways.
Easy ways to realign and balance chakras:
- Use colours – As you know, each chakra has its own colour and vibrational frequency so listen to you intuition when choosing what to wear. For example, today I was drawn to wearing red tones and now that I think about it, I know that after a stressful day yesterday with my partner in a car accident due to the political situation in Hong Kong and my family in Australia being threatened by bush fires, that there was a definite imbalance in my Root Chakra which is the ‘home’ chakra. In no way was I feeling secure or grounded and it’s not often I reach for something red in my wardrobe, but today I guess I felt the need to and I clearly see why now. Go through the colours from last week if you need a reminder.
- Food – Just like wearing colours you can eat foods of certain colours to balance out your chakras. For example, if you’re feeling an unbalance or unrest emotionally or physically in your heart centre then you would need to eat green foods like broccoli, beans and spinach (the list is endless). You don’t just have to eat or wear the colours, you can use anything in your environment like burning candles of particular colours, painting and wearing or using stones and crystals to help too! Remember each colour represents a specific vibration and your chakras emit different colours so go with your gut on what to eat –pardon the pun.
- Yoga – You can also release energy through movement and breath and yoga asanas are designed to do just that! (Along with so much more). So go do some yoga to get that stagnant or stuck energy out of the bod and let fresh energy flow back in. Another powerful tool used in yoga is a visualisation mediation. You can do this by visualising energy drawing up from the earth and cleansing each energy centre. To go even deeper you can use the relevant colour, sound and frequency.
- Sound – Speaking of sound, our energy resonates with specific musical notes. Root = C, Sacral = D, Solar Plexus = E, Heart = F, Throat = G, Third Eye = A, Crown = B. So try listening to music in these keys to help with which ever chakra needs healing! Sound healing is so powerful, drumming, medicine bowls, gongs and any musical instrument can help. I absolutely love my medicine bowl for this!
- Essential Oils – As you know I love my essential oils! They have so many uses and also resonate certain frequencies. You can apply directly (with a carrier oil of course) or inhale them. So here’s a list of oils that are recommended for each chakra!
- Root Chakra – Frankincense, Patchouli, St. Johnís Wort and Angelica
- Sacral Chakra – Orange, Rosemary, Neroli, Clove and Juniper
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Lemon, Rosemary, Peppermint, Yarrow and Marjoram
- Heart Chakra – Rose, Melissa, Rosewood and Basil
- Throat Chakra – Lemongrass, Sage and Blue chamomile
- Third Eye Chakra – Lavender, Clary sage, Elemi and Spruce
- Crown Chakra – Myrrh, Gotu Kola, Geranium and Sandalwood
Alright, now that you know some simple ways to balance out your energy centres don’t be afraid to try them out! Have fun with it and let me know if you have any questions.