Carrying on from last week, I have some more natural tips for easing allergies- yay, less sneezing – So let’s get straight into it!
- Don’t go easy on the garlic! – Garlic is a great natural immune booster which can help the bod’s allergic reaction to pollen grains, so the more garlic you cook with, the better!
- Steam with essential oils – We’ve all steamed with a bowl of hot water and a towel over our heads to decongest before, right? Well, for allergies, do this but add a drop of eucalyptus, lavender and chamomile to soothe and reduce inflammation in the nose and throat. A friend also suggested a concoction of lemon, peppermint and lavender which I’d love to try next time as well!
- Healing honey – Honey is made up of high proportions of pollen and plant compounds which can produce a natural immunity in the body. So thank the bees and reap the healing rewards of unfiltered honey, bee pollen, royal jelly and honeycomb!
- Ease stress – They say emotional stress can worsen responses to allergens and that relaxation techniques might help relieve your symptoms! So do whatever you need to do to relax a little more. They also say that imagining your allergies away could also help. Studies have shown that taking just 10 minutes a day of meditating on the image of yourself without allergies, can lessen symptoms after a few days – I’d believe it! What the mind believes, the body achieves!
- Try a Neti Pot! – I learnt this technique on my yoga teacher training course in India and I love it!! You’ll need a neti pot, some salt (doesn’t have to be special neti pot salt, any salt will work) and some clean warm water. Here’s a YouTube vid if you want to check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDSlUuAOnN0 Sooo many benefits of doing this 3000 year old yogic practice daily, especially if you suffer from allergies!
I hope this is enough to rid us all of allergies NATURALLY! Try any of these cheap and natural alternatives I mentioned here or in last week’s post before popping a pill next time and bless you! – Pardon the pun 😉