How did you go with avoiding the foods I talked about last week?
It may not seem like much but focusing on small changes at a time is less overwhelming and will help you become more successful in the long run!
We have to remember ‘you are what you eat’. Such a massive % of weight loss comes from the food we eat, so make sure you’re fuelling your bod with the right things! Avoiding all the foods in the last newsletter and adding in the ones below will surly help you slim that waist line.
I already mentioned in your kick-start guide how beneficial green tea and oats are for speeding the metabolism so please don’t forget to add them to your diet if you haven’t done so already!
Here are 5 foods to ADD to your diet to get a flat stomach
- Nuts – slim your stomach by keeping it full. Eating no more than 30 almonds a day will help you feel fuller for longer while satisfying hunger.
- Olive oil contains mono unsaturated fats that help keep cholesterol under control and satisfy cravings. Make an olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper dressing for your salads, cook with it and add to anything you feel fits right!
- Avocados – much like olive oil- are also mono unsaturated fats, so don’t steer clear of all these good fats. There’s nothing like a good guacamole with lemon juice, salt and pepper or adding a side of avocado to your meals. YUM!
- Eggs – Your body needs b12 to metabolise fat and they are packed full of protein. Eating eggs a few mornings a week will give you loads of energy for the day while keeping you fuller for longer. If you’re vegan, make sure you’re taking a daily B12 supplement and getting enough protein through other sources.
- Blueberries – Studies show that anthocyanins-phytonutrients in blueberries may have an effect on the genes that regulate fat metabolism. Add them to your oats or afternoon snacks. Great for memory, focus and antiaging too!
Focus on adding these 5 basic foods to your meals and snacks along with plenty of veggies and protein while cutting the junk and watch the weight drop without you really having to try!