We’ve learnt a lot about Pitta types over the past few weeks, but before we move onto the other Dosha’s here’s 6 things a Pitta can add to their morning routine to pacify and cool a fiery Pitta type
Note: if you haven’t read the last few blogs and have no idea what I’m talking about, go back and read them at http://22.214.171.124/~elevlife/balance-the-pitta-dosha/ and http://126.96.36.199/~elevlife/pitta-lifestyle-recommendations/ so you’re all caught up.
Pitta Pacifying Morning Routine
- Wake up early – Rise early, with or before the sun, and wake up at the same time each day. For Pitta types the best time is ideally before 6am.
- Scrape Tongue – Tongue scraping removes bacteria and toxins that have accumulated on the tongue overnight. It’s important to do this first thing and then brush your teeth (preferably with natural toothpaste.
- .Drink Warm Lemon Water – Drinking a glass of warm water cleanses, detoxifies, alkalizes and awakens the digestive tract, hydrates the tissues, and promotes peristalsis—which can encourage a bowel movement, even when there is a tendency toward sluggishness or constipation. If no lemon, drink warm water first thing and it will have many of the same benefits. It is best to drink water only after the mouth and the tongue have been cleansed so as not to swallow the bacteria and toxins that have accumulated in the mouth overnight. Rinse mouth with water after lemon water to protect your tooth enamel.
- Splash Cold Water in the Eyes – Our eyes work very hard all day and they accumulate a lot of heat. Splashing a bit of cold water into each eye in the morning helps to cool, sooth, and relax the eyes.
- Meditation, Pranayama, Prayer, or Quiet Reflection – The central purpose of a morning routine is to calm the nervous system and ground the being before the day begins, therefore meditation, pranayama, prayer, or quiet reflection are perhaps the most essential elements.
- Movement and Exercise – Making time to move our bodies in the morning is both grounding and energising. It supports natural detoxification by promoting healthy circulation and by helping to move stagnation from the organs and tissues. It also helps to loosen and awaken the body and the joints.
- Yoga – For pitta-predominant types, a moderate form of yoga that emphasises grounding and relaxed effort is usually most appropriate. I have a beginner friendly Relax and Calm 20 minute Yoga session on my YouTube channel – Elev8Life with Paige – that would be nice nd cooling for a Pitta (and anyone else who wants to relax). You can try it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okS80GzHqno&t=205s
- Other Forms of Exercise – For pitta-predominant types, the ideal exercise program is typically challenging but moderately paced, with an emphasis on relaxed effort throughout the activity. Appropriate exercise for pitta types include swimming, surfing, biking, hiking, and skiing.
Ok, that does it for the Pittas at the moment! Stay tuned for the Vata and Kapha doshas! Remember share this with someone else who could elevate with this and reach out to me if you have any questions.